Sunday, April 13, 2014

Will Graham and his Dogs- Process

Will Graham and his Dogs

I started with a sketch with the background and 
characters each on separate layers

I refined Will's pose

Here's the sketch showing all layers

I refined all the line work and changed the 
lineart colors

I started painting with a midtone

I used a complimentary color scheme


Flat mid-tones on the characters

Everyone together. I used similar colors
throughout, varying the value

I added cast shadows under characters
 

 I added shadows on another layer
and highlights as well as a texture over the 
background.

 I replaced the paitned BG 
with a gradient and replaced the tree with 
a more antler-type of foliage.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello
Today i would like to share some information about Buying a puppy.Being informed about a puppies for sale decision is also necessary to avoid frauds swindling away your money by cashing on your emotion. There have been instances of people trying to take advantage of the dogs for sale decision in a fraudulent manner.To know more visit-puppy for sale

Thanks