Friday, March 21, 2008

Watercolor of Matthew

I decided to do a watercolor painting
of my little godson Matthew. I decided it was time to practice
what I preach and really plan stuff out. It looks like a long process but
it really only took me like 2 hours from start to finish I spent more time planning
it out than I did on the actual painting, It was great because it made it almost fool proof
Here's what I did:

I started with a sketch from a Photo
showing the areas of color change
Then I worked out some color studies
in Pencil crayon. This first one was getting to
complicated

so i decided to SIMPLIFY


first layer of light washes
Added in some more washes of shadows

More details and salt texture to the background
cause it makes it feel a bit wintery


Final Painting all framed up,
forgot to turn off my flash though,
OOPS!